More than 60 percent of students choose to attend Centennial through the choice lottery option because they want the quality education that Centennial provides. Centennial’s diverse population, representing over 35 nationalities, exposes our students to a true global perspective.
Parents: Check your link for more information about I Know I Can College-High School Blueprint. Sessions focus on Financial Aid!
Printable forms for the Class of 2017 scheduling & list of elective classes: Scheduling form Electives
Show your support and follow our Athletic Stars. Download the Winter 2013 - 2014 sports schedule HERE!
Seniors! Calendar of events for the class of 2014 here
CCS Leads the State in National Board Certified Teachers
CCS can boast nine additional nationally board certified teachers this year. With a total of 122, the District continues to lead the state in the number of certified teachers currently on staff.
Centennial HS National Board Certified teachers (with area of certification):
- Sarah E. Barry, Centennial HS/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: English Language Arts
- Denise Shook, Centennial HS/Adolescence and Young Adulthood: Social Studies
- Leanne N. Rubadue, Centennial HS/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: Mathematics
- Jennifer L. Zutterling, Centennial HS/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: Mathematics
- Lynn Taylor, Centennial HS/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: English Language Arts
- Georgia O'Hara, Centennial HS/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: Science
- Valerie Long, Centennial HS/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: Art
- Krista Jacob, Centennial HS/Adolescence & Young Adulthood: Mathematics
Centennial Recognized Nationally for Outstanding Thespian Troupe
Our thespian troupe received the 2011 Outstanding School Award by the International Thespian Society at their annual International Thespian Festival June 20-25, 2011, in Lincoln Nebraska. This award is given to high schools annually whose theatre programs exemplify and promote high standards in educational theatre.Centennial was one of four troupes in the country selected for this honor. Award criteria is based on the curriculum, enrollment, co-curricular and extra-curricular theatre activities. In addition Centennial received award points for its community service and advocacy work done within our troupe.
Centennial has received a bronze medal from U.S. News and World Report magazine as one of the nation's top high schools
2013 Fall Sports results: Congratulations STARS!
Girls Cross Country: City Champs
Boys Cross Country: City Runner-up
Boys Golf: City Runner-up
Girls Soccer: City Runner-up
Girls Tennis: City Runner-up
Volleyball: City Champs
City Champion Varsity Volleyball team
City Champion JV Volleyball team
Stars Band performance at CCS Invitational on Nov. 2