CAHS has been named as one of America’s Most Challenging High Schools and improved in ranking on both the state and national listing over the past three years. Click HERE to see the report in greater detail.
For the latest CAHS news grab the CAHS Parent Newsletter
The latest Senior Update is here.
We are proud to honor our CAHS student achievments for the 2012 graduating class:
CAHS graduates have earned many accolades during their time here. We would like to point out some of the highlights they have collected along their journey here.
- 1 Bezos Scholar
- 1 Gates Millenium Scholar
- 1 University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Pogue Scholar
- 1 QuestBridge Scholar
- 1 Kennedy-Lugar Exchange Study Abroad Scholar
- 3 National Merit Finalists
- 2 I Know I Can Founders Scholars
- 14 Students on Scholarship to OSU
Our students are moving on to many of the most prestigious universities, and with scholarships. We are proud to have had the chance to work with them.
Columbus Alternative High School has earned the Central Region Triple Crown Award from the Ohio School Boards Association, the only high school of 300 in the l4-county central region to be honored by Newsweek and US News and World Report and to be designated by the Ohio Department of Education as a School of Promise. CAHS academic recognition includes:
- Silver Medalist ranking by US News and Report for 2010-2012.
- Selected in 2012 as one Newsweek's Top 25 Transformative High Schools in the nation.
- Rated a "School of Promise" by the Ohio Department of Education for 5 straight years (2006-2011).
- Over nintety-five percent of our CAHS graduates will attend college afterward graduation.
- Our recent graduates earned over 8 million dollars in scholarships.
- Our recent graduates are attending universities such as Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Howard, Northwestern, Sarah Lawrence, The Ohio State University, and many more.
- In The Know/Academic League are the 2012 City Champions.
- CAHS chess teams won fourteen consecutive city championships (1998-2012), and has won twelve state championships (1998-2010).
- The CAHS mathematics team annually earns a Merit Award on the American High School Mathematics Exam.
Columbus Alternative High School has received a silver medal from U.S. News and World Report magazine as one of the nation's top high schools