CAHS ranked #4 Most Challenging High School in Ohio
More info at http://apps.washingtonpost.com/local/highschoolchallenge/schools/2014/list/ohio-schools/
Please visit cahs.info for current info.
For information call the office at 614-365-6006 or email the individual directly using our staff roster here.
CAHS has been named as one of America’s Most Challenging High Schools and improved in ranking on both the state and national listings over the past three years. Click HERE to see the report in greater detail.
For the latest CAHS news grab the CAHS Parent Newsletter
Internship Information Website
Senior Information: Senior Update Senior Parent Forum and Fall College Fairs
We are proud to honor our CAHS student achievments for the 2013 graduating class:
CAHS graduates have earned many accolades during their time here. We were proud to have our graduates earn over 10 million dollars worth of college scholarships and awards. We have many students move on to excellent colleges, with Harvard getting 2 of our graduating scholars.
Our students are moving on to many of the most prestigious universities, and with scholarships. We are proud to have had the chance to work with them.
Columbus Alternative High School has earned the Central Region Triple Crown Award from the Ohio School Boards Association, the only high school of 300 in the l4-county central region to be honored by Newsweek and US News and World Report and to be designated by the Ohio Department of Education as a School of Promise. CAHS academic recognition includes:
- Silver Medalist ranking by US News and Report for 2010-2012.
- Selected in 2012 as one Newsweek's Top 25 Transformative High Schools in the nation.
- Rated a "School of Promise" by the Ohio Department of Education for 5 straight years (2006-2011).
- Over nintety-five percent of our CAHS graduates will attend college afterward graduation.
- Our recent graduates earned over 8 million dollars in scholarships.
- Our recent graduates are attending universities such as Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Howard, Northwestern, Sarah Lawrence, The Ohio State University, and many more.
- In The Know/Academic League are the 2012 City Champions.
- CAHS chess teams won fourteen consecutive city championships (1998-2012), and has won twelve state championships (1998-2010).
- The CAHS mathematics team annually earns a Merit Award on the American High School Mathematics Exam.
Columbus Alternative High School has received a silver medal from U.S. News and World Report magazine as one of the nation's top high schools